About Dina Davis
Dina Davis decided to be an author at the age of eight. Since then she has been a ‘closet writer’, secretly filling journals with stories, poems, memories and dreams. Dina is a member of the Northern Territory Writers’ Centre, Writing NSW and the Australian Society of Authors.
In 2015 Dina was shortlisted for the NT Literary Awards with her essay ‘Capriccio: the Lost Poems of Ted Hughes’. In 2018 she was a finalist for the fiction award with her short story, ‘Edge’.
Dina lives in the Top End of Australia and the Eastern seaboard of New South Wales. When not writing, she practices yoga and attends Film Festivals. She holds an MA in English and Linguistics from the University of Sydney.
- Capriccio: A Novel eBook: Dina Davis: Amazon.com.au: BooksSome reviews of my first edition of Capriccio: A Novel: eBook: Dina Davis: Amazon.com.au: Books — Read on http://www.amazon.com.au/Capriccio-Novel-Dina-Davis-ebook/dp/B07GGFXX9G/ref=sr_1_2_twi_kin_1
- Darwin: the best-kept secret.The rains came down last night, a welcome relief from the humid Build-up. This season has its own beauties: Mangoes falling from trees, flowers bursting into colour, clouds swelling, tinged violet in the setting … Read more
- Can we separate Art from Life?Pablo Picasso, "Dora" 'To value a piece of work does not require us to applaud its creator." (Ashleigh Wilson, On Artists, MUP, 2019) Or does it? Do we have to love … Read more
- About “A Difficult Daughter”Imagine being told as a child struggling with a crippling eating disorder that you are “naughty” and “disobedient” because you refuse to eat. Being told that “you cannot be trusted, that you are manipulative, that … Read more
- How I survived near-fatal anorexia